Education Impact Academy Trust is a newly created MAT incorporating Wilson Stuart School who will be sponsoring 2 other special schools through the academisation process. Wilson Stuart School has been designated as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted, 6 times, providing high quality education for 229 pupils between the ages of 2 – 25 years.
We recognise the importance of teamwork and this is evident through all aspects of the work we do. Our students are delightful, work hard and are keen to learn and the school is a very happy and positive working environment. We have a comprehensive induction programme, friendly and very supportive staff along with excellent facilities and a superb environment to support teaching and learning. Wilson Stuart School is not just a special school – it is an exceptional school!
We have the following exciting opportunities:
2 x Deputy Head of School Leadership 15-19. Actual Salary Range £57,986 – £63,974 per annum Post required from 20th April 2020
We are seeking a 2 Deputy Head of Schools who will assist in managing the Primary and Secondary Department of school. The successful candidate will: –
- Be an outstanding practitioner
- Responsible for a core curriculum area with associated responsibilities.
- Have a clear understanding of the development of standards and curriculum of pupils, including monitoring progress towards achievement
- Have a track record of managing successful whole school developments
- Understand current national and local SEND issues
- Have experience of working successfully within a Senior Leadership Team.
- Undertake full responsibility for the Primary and Secondary Departments in the absence of the relevant Head of School
- Contribute towards the school’s values and vision, demonstrating these in their everyday practice.
- Have the ability to maintain and develop a positive learning environment that is engaging and fulfilling for pupils and staff.
- Be creative, flexible and have the ability to innovate
- Be able to work under considerable pressure and ensure deadlines are met
- Lead highly skilled and talented teams
- Have the desire and determination to drive up standards and make improvements
English and General Studies Teacher – 1.0fte MPS/UPS + SEN Allowance dependent on experience Post required from 24th February 2020
We are looking for a committed, enthusiastic and outstanding teacher who is creative and innovative. The post will primarily involve the teaching of English to Key Stage 3 and above aged students including GCSE and will also include Post 16 vocational accreditations. The successful applicant will be able to differentiate appropriately and have a good knowledge of SEND. Wilson Stuart School has a unique “family feel” and a tremendously supportive staff team.
Closing date for applications: Noon on 22nd November 2019
Interviews to be held week commencing: 6th December 2019
Informal visits are welcome.
Wilson Stuart School is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment procedures.
All the above posts are covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for these roles. Please note Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to be paid by the successful candidate (approx. £57).
Please note contracts of employment will be with Education Impact Academy Trust not Birmingham City Council.
Further information, including application forms and job descriptions, are available on the school website www.wilsonstuart.co.uk and completed application forms should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not heard from us two weeks after the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.