Wilson Stuart works in partnership with Open Theatre to deliver weekly drama sessions to some of our class groups.
So what is drama at Wilson Stuart?
- Non-verbal physical drama with the use of music and simple props to encourage imaginative play.
- We create a safe and comfortable environment which allows the pupils to freely express themselves.
- The focus of the work is always the same: the development of creative and personal skills that support learning across the curriculum. These include confidence, verbal and non-verbal communciation skills, social cognition, curiosity, empathy, imagination, literacy and narrative skills, social interaction and creativity.
So what is the impact of our work?
- Developing positive relationships
- Becoming self-aware
- Beginning to regulate their emotions and behaviour
- Vital communication skills for life
- Empowering the students to make real and meaningful choices
- Ensuring the development of positive self-image and self-esteem
- Developing potential talent