Remote Learning is being delivered daily and you will get information on this daily via the school app weduc.
Acids and alkalis. revision https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zn6hvcw
Metals and non metals revision https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/z84wjxs/revision/4
BBC bitesize home learning daily tasks (please select year 7, 8 or 9) https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/this-terms-topics
Science games: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/z2pfb9q
Hello from Miss King!
3rd June 2020
All science activities are being set through SeeSaw. Please check your SeeSaw accounts for lots of fun and interesting activities to work through. Please email email@example.com if you are having any issues logging on.
11th May 2020
Morning everyone! Here’s a really cool experiment you can try at home on the topic of solubility!
- Start by watching this video https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zd7pscw
- Make sure you know the definition of the word soluble. Use the website to help you.
- Get 5 glasses of water.
- Find 5 food items from the kitchen.
- Add each food to a glass of water (only put one type of food each in each glass)
- Stir it and see if it dissolves!
Here’s my experiment set up, let’s see which items are soluble or insoluble…
I’d love to see some of your experiments.
You may have noticed lots of lovely flowers growing outside recently so I thought it would be a good idea to learn a little about plants and plant cells.
- Follow this link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zngq7nb
- Watch the video about the differences between animal and plant cells.
- Practice spelling or saying the following keywords at home: Cell membrane, cytoplasm, mitochondria, cell wall, vacuole and chloroplasts .
- Watch the second video further down the page. It shows you how you can make a model of a plant cell at home! Feel free to have a go and send in pictures of your creation. Don’t worry if you don’t have some of the equipment.
- Have a go at activities 2 and 3 at the bottom of the page. They are both interactive tasks that can be done online. Feel free to send me your scores!
A curriculum based numeracy website created by Carol Vorderman. Number based activities and games. Also has an online parent zone
Twinkl is currently offering a month’s free subscription to parents. Twinkl is an excellent website for all areas of the curriculum – literacy, numeracy, science, art etc
Vooks is a website that brings storybooks to life. A kid-safe, ad-free streaming library of read-aloud animated storybooks. Vooks is currently offering a month’s free subscription.
Audio Books –
The twits full audio- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgppUh8ukZ8
Fantastic Mr Fox full audio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJofxwa5bMo
The Magic Finger Full audio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBbWjwC5m_c
James & the Giant Peach- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKOK7ibWAJc&list=PLNWB9LCZQNVyKMw2WgoJzH1IOs45YCL5U
This site encourages children to practice their typing skills. It helps to familiarise them with their upper and lowercase letters while teaching basic typing skills
This site allows students to explore the world of coding, it gives hints and tips on how to complete the tasks and allows them to achieve.
This is a great site for your artistic side. It allows you to colour several pictures online using a variety of different colours and then save them to be viewed when ever you want.
This site has a variety of different tasks to help challenge yourself.
This site will help with your thinking skills, you will have to do a variety of different puzzles with different difficult levels.
This site allows you to play Minecraft, you can create and explore different worlds and use coding to help make the game more interesting. Please me safe and mindful when using this site.